Manager - Outreach and Awareness
||Manager, Outreach and Awareness
|Directly reports to:
||Programme Leader – Education
||Abu Dhabi / Dubai
||Outreach and Awareness Coordinator
||Type of contract:
|Emirates Wildlife Society (EWS) is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
EWS works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. EWS-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
EWS-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
|The Manager, Outreach and Awareness is responsible for creating and managing all outreach focused projects, including but not limited to developing partnerships, designing activities, creating education content and leading the successful execution of community events across the UAE. The Manager will be responsible for key programme elements from inception to completion and for supporting stakeholder engagement and other activities involved in the delivery of the EWS-WWF’s Education programme. The role involves the delivery of measurable impact through the implementation of approved activities.
- Building relationships with National Park and Protected area management
- Designing Connect with Nature initiatives to execute at various locations across the Emirates
- Working with existing entities in collaborative education delivery
- Building relationships with regional guides for partnership opportunities
- Work closely with digital and communications members to deliver recognition scheme to youth participants
- Design and execution of community and family events across the emirates
- Design and delivery of outdoor classes
- Facilitate participation in regional Beach, Desert and Wadi clean-up events for youth and families
- Train staff and volunteers to assist in delivery of events
- Working with key government agencies across the UAE in the delivery of Biodiversity based education programmes and events
- Delivering day long research and learning programmes at various parks and other outdoor spaces across the emirates
- Create, manage, and update work plan budgets for the relevant areas of the programme
- Maintain responsibility for project financials, according to EWS-WWF guidelines
- Define, Design, Implement, Analyze/Adapt and Share the Education Project.
- Ability to implement long-range and multifaceted plans
- Manage the assigned projects/initiatives effectively and monitor and report on progress and achievements on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage project action plans(including technical and operational plans)
- Implement Project Governance Standards(PGSs) for the assigned project.
- Develop and review external consultants Terms of Reference and Contracts, and ensure timely and high-quality submission of agreed deliverables and outputs necessary to achieve the project objectives.
- Undertake research and develop project related concept notes, policy briefings, technical reports and discussion papers.
- Coordinate and prepare for meetings with partners/stakeholders and relevant committees; and prepare technical materials and stakeholder engagement plans for consultations.
- Keep abreast with international best practices and regional activities to ensure that the Educations solutions and impacts that EWSWWF offers are always relevant to the global and local context.
- Ability to design inspirational, relevant, knowledge based programmes with an understanding of youth-focused approaches, particularly in the UAE
- Multi-faceted logistics management and event planning
- Exceptional communication ability both written and verbal
- Seek the support of team members for tasks related to their responsibilities for successful delivery
- Work closely with other members of the Education team and support delivery of other key Education projects/initiatives as required
- Liaise with partners and technical consultants on relevant topics related to the project.
- Provide creative vision for outreach events and activities
- Build strong relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Motivating youth of all abilities and demographics through innovative means
- Set SMART objectives and goals for team members and conduct performance review, suggest a development plan for performance improvements
- Work closely with other Education team members and support delivery of other key projects /initiatives as required.
- Recruit, select, lead and manage team members including staff and volunteers
- Complete the Annual workplan budgets
- Manage the workplan budgets and adhere tothe Financial guidelines and DOA guidelines.
- Ensure that project complies with EWS-WWF Project Governance Standards and budgetary procedures set by the Operations team
- Ensure that project is delivered in line with EWSWWF values
- Complete project M&E requirements in a timely manner
- Partnership Management
- Responsible for account management with assigned Partners as outlined in the Strategic Partnership strategy
- Internal training and capacity building to ensure that guides, training and processes are up to date and conducted regularly
- Any additional tasks as required by workload or as requested by the Communications Director
- At least 4 years of professional experience in relevant field
- Bachelor Degree or advanced degree in education, public relations or any relevant field.
Acts as a member of EWS-WWF, placing higher priority on EWS-WWF’s goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic EWS-WWF outcomes
Looks outwards ensuring EWS-WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends
Delivering Quality Outcomes:
Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes
Building Working Relations:
Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas
Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Building Working Relations:
People demonstrating this competency are effective in working with peers, partners and others who are not in the line of command, to positively impact organisation performance
Develops direction and shared purpose, builds effective and high-performance teams and ensures goals are accomplished
Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions through people, transformation and aligning an organization in a new and challenging that brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically
Demonstrates an understanding of how the organization operates financially, can identify and direct toward business opportunities by managing resources .
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Arabic preferable
- A strategic thinker
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Highly organized, able to work independently
- Proactive and resourceful, results oriented
- UAE Driving License or ability to obtain one and access to a vehicle
|Internal - Liaise with Conservation, Performance management, Finance, Communications and Business Development teams.
External - Liaise with existing and potential partners
|EWS-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
EWS-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events which promotes the overall mission of EWS-WWF, whether or not the particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.
|How to apply?
|Interested candidates should send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Manager Outreach and Awareness in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.