Coordinator - Marine Programme
||Coordinator - Marine Programme
||Conservation - Marine
|Directly reports to:
||Marine Programme Leader
||Type of contract:
||Short Term Consultancy
(End Jan – End March)
|Emirates Wildlife Society (EWS) is a UAE environmental non-governmental organization, established under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s representative in the Western Region and Chairman of Environmental Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD).
EWS works in association with WWF, one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation Organizations. EWS-WWF has been active in the UAE since 2001 and has successfully initiated and implemented several conservation and education projects and initiatives in the region.
EWS-WWF works federally and in the region with offices in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah and is governed by a local board of directors.
|The Coordinator - Marine Programme will support the implementation of priority activities and projects under the marine programme taking place in Q1 of 2018 by providing support in administrative tasks, fieldwork logistics, desktop reviews and communications collateral development.
|Roles and Responsibilities
|Marine ProgrammeMarine Programme
Support the Programme Leader in administrative tasks and the preparation of TOR and RFPs for consultants as required.
- Support scoping of new initiatives under the Marine programme. This will include desktop research, document reviews, and administrative tasks.
- Support Programme Leader on activities related to RAMSAR COP being held in Dubai in 2018. This would include background research, preparing reports and briefs.
- Update calendar of events, and notify team of key events and conferences as required. Provide support to team members participating in conferences as required.
- Assist in the implementation of priority actions identified under the Marine Programme; such as the Viability Assessment.
- Provide support in policy reviews for species and wider marine conservation topics; such as trade.
- Collate and archive WWF Global Marine Position on key marine topics and develop locally relevant messaging.
- Administer stakeholder contact information through Salesforce, EWS-WWF Stakeholder management software. This will include contact and account upload, and generation of distribution lists and reports as required (training will be provided).
- Develop content for marine programme newsletters as well as other relevant Communications / Business Development collateral.
Priority Marine Projects Implementation:
Work closely with other members of the marine team and support the delivery of priority marine projects. Focus shall be given on specific deliverables and activities rather than day to day tasks.
- Assist in the coordination of a technical sessions/workshops including pre workshop preparations and post workshop follow up.
- Prepare and/or edit project collateral and printed material (e.g. posters, images, videos)
- Assist in fieldwork logistics preparation, participate in fieldwork activities and support in data collection and archiving including photographs and videos.
- Support Project Managers to meet communications and BD requests around the delivery of benefits and project content; such as communications collateral, PowerPoint presentations, Videos, and toolkits for corporates/wider public. Support the preparation activities in the field (logistics and handling of high tech equipment, understanding of protocols, implementation of protocols).
- Active participation in programme/project meetings
- RFPs and TOR for consultants and internship positions
- Presentations and speeches to support Marine Programme Leader / marine team
- Background papers related to Ramsar Updated communications and BD toolkits as required
- Policy analysis and briefs
- Desktop review summaries
- Archives on WWF Positions and local messaging
- Fieldwork inventories and reports
- Fieldwork collateral and visuals
- Content for communications/Business Development.
- Salesforce updates
- 1+ years of working experience in marine conservation or relevant field.
- Sound technical understanding on marine conservation topics, such as marine ecology, fisheries management and species conservation.
- Degree in environmental science, marine biology, fisheries or relevant field
Acts as a member of EWS-WWF, placing higher priority on EWS-WWF’s goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic EWS-WWF outcomes
Looks outwards ensuring EWS-WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends
Delivering Quality Outcomes:
Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes
Building Working Relations:
Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas
Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Building Working Relations:
People demonstrating this competency are effective in working with peers, partners and others who are not in the line of command, to positively impact organization performance
- Results oriented and focused
- We passionately seek impactful solutions to overcome the planets greatest challenges
- Uses a science-based approach and applies facts, logic and professional knowledge to create impact, displaying a strong understanding of the issues
- Demonstrates focus, determination, efficiency and accountability
- Consistently delivers high-quality work
- Acts and communicates openly, constructively and ethically, and is sensitive to other people and cultures
- Treats others fairly and respects others points of view, creating an environment of trust
- Is consistent, honest and transparent in what one does and says
- Demonstrates self-awareness, manages own emotional response, and is aware of the impact of own behavior on others
- Demonstrates professionalism and upholds a high regard for the reputation of the organization
- We live the principles and standards we call on others to meet, and hold each other accountable
|Together We’re Stronger
- Shows empathy, listens, asks questions and shows consideration and understanding for others
- Is approachable, empowers others, provides trust and mutual respect
- We remain optimistic, light-hearted and participates in celebrating success together
- Recognizes the value that each individual brings to the collective impact of the organization
- Embraces diversity and inclusion
- Speaking with one voice, unified by one mission, shared values and common priorities
- Seeks to build powerful and aligned networks with government, organizations and communities
- Demonstrates perseverance and commitment to the Mission and Vision of the organization
- Acts with confidence and from a position of strength
- Takes measured risks and encourages action
- Inspires hope and optimism
- Stays informed of external developments and trends and adapts accordingly
- Pursues avenues for continuous learning and development
- Stays open-minded, seeks innovative and creative solutions
- Flexible and open to change and others view-points, remains calm and confident during change
- Embraces feedback
- Excellent time management skills.
- Exceptional team working abilities.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Self-starter and able to prioritise activities accordingly with minimal guidance.
- Produce high quality work with attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (desirable).
- Knowledge on scientific data management and statistical analysis.
Internal – Working with Marine Team, and at times interact with communications team and Business development team.
External – Suppliers, private and public sector companies associated with the marine programme and projects.
|EWS-WWF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and offer a flexible and diverse place of employment.
EWS-WWF staff participate wholeheartedly in general activities and events that require the full support and participation of all staff members, whether or not the focus of any particular event or activity has any bearing on the job description and assigned project objectives and activities.
|How to apply?
|Interested candidates should send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.