Project Manager – Climate & Energy
||Project Manager – Climate & Energy
||Climate & Energy
|Directly reports to:
||Type of Contract:
||Key Performance Indicators:
- Manage the assigned project effectively, and monitor and report on progress and achievements on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage project action plans (including technical and operational plans.
- Implement Project Governance Standards (PGSs) for the assigned project.
- Develop and review external consultants Terms of Reference and Contracts, and ensure timely and high-quality submission of agreed deliverables and outputs necessary to achieve the project objectives.
- Undertake research and develop project related concept notes, policy briefings, technical reports and discussion papers.
- Coordinate and prepare for meetings with partners/stakeholders and relevant committees; and prepare technical materials and stakeholder engagement plans for consultations.
- Develop a communications strategy for the project working closely with the Communications team, to ensure that messages are communicated to amplify the project’s impact.
- Provide policy related advice with regard to
- relevant C&E policies at the national and international level on topics of Energy Efficiency, RE and climate change.
- Keep abreast with international best practices and regional activities to ensure that the climate and energy solutions that EWS-WWF offers are always relevant to the global and local context.
- Prepare fundraising proposals working closely with the Business Development team.
- Seek the support of team members for tasks related to their responsibilities, and manage project team human resources.
- Work closely with other members of the C&E team and support delivery of other key C&E projects/initiatives as required.
- Liaise with partners and technical consultants on relevant topics related to the project.
- Build strong relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Set SMART objectives and goals for team members and conduct performance review, suggest a development plan for performance improvements.
- Work closely with other C&E team members and support delivery of other key projects /initiatives as required.
- Complete the Annual workplan budgets.
- Ensure the use of approved budget effectively.
- Ensure that project complies with EWS-WWF Project Governance Standards and budgetary procedures set by the Operations team.
- Ensure that project is delivered in line with EWS-WWF values.
- Complete project M&E requirements in a timely manner.
|Required qualifications & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in relevant field with a strong background in energy/climate/sustainability.
- Background in transport policy or energy economics and work with government bodies in the UAE or region is desirable.
- Comfortable dealing with senior government officials and has the ability to build strong relationships.
- Experience in all aspects of project management (e.g. planning, fundraising, proposal development, monitoring and reporting).
- Proven track record of successful stakeholder engagement, including persuasion through the use of technical information.
- Post graduate/ Graduate degree in environment, climate, energy, economics or related fields.
|EWS-WWF Focus: Acts as a member of EWS-WWF, placing higher priority on EWS-WWF goals than own goals and anticipating the effects of own area’s actions on others to ensure holistic EWS-WWF outcomes.
External Orientation: Looks outwards ensuring WWF stays relevant, continues to anticipate and adapt to external environmental and global trends.
Delivering Quality Outcomes: Establishes stretch goals, plans, using best judgment and takes responsibility for planning to and delivering on outcomes.
Building Working Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships through the understanding and development of other’s and own ideas.
Communicating Effectively: Uses appropriate means of communication to convey messages, seeks input from others and ensures understanding.
Team Leadership: Develops direction and shared purpose, builds a team through coaching to ensure the high performing teams and ensures goals are accomplished.
Change Leadership: Encourages and seeks out innovative solutions through people, transformation and align with the organisation’s strategic plan and brings people on a journey constructively and empathetically.
Managing Resources: Demonstrates an understanding of how the organisation operates financially, can identify and direct toward business opportunities by managing resources.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent proven stakeholder management and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and exceptional teamwork abilities.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Self-starter and able to prioritise activities accordingly.
- Set challenging but realistic goals and solve problems effectively.
- Produce high quality products/services with attention to detail.
- Supportive, constructive and open to influence in dealing with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (desirable).
- Diplomatic and solution-oriented
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Very strong technical and analytical skills.
- A passion for conservation and experience in a not-for-profit environment
- Coordinate and work closely with EWS members to achieve over all organisational goals.
- Work with local authority and government official to ensure approvals maintained for smooth operations.
- Work with WWF representatives and provide regular feedbacks and updates about the projects.
|Submit CVs to email@example.com